Well, my day has just taken an awesome turn. Apparently I have been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award! This is my absolute first bloggy award, so I'm stoked. (Do people still use that expression?) Anyhow, I'd like to give a huge shout out, and an even bigger thank you to Jess over at The Redheaded Princess, for the award. It truly means so much to me! BTW, be sure to check her out, she's really great!!!
Here are the rules for the Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Add the award to your blog. 2. Thank the person who presented it to you. 3. List seven random facts about yourself. 4. List the rules. 5. Pass the award onto seven other bloggers. 6. Inform each blogger they have won by posting a comment on their blog.
Okay, so considering I'm pretty random, this shouldn't be too hard.1. I taught myself how to play the piano. I tried to take lessons once, but once we discovered that I played Fur Elise better than my instructor, we decided that perhaps I was a bit more advanced than the rest of the class.
2. I grew up in Germany, but somehow can hardly speak a lick of German. Which is really sad considering my best friend is German. Fail!
3. I'm training to run my first 5k in November, so I run 3-4 miles almost every day.
4. I'm actually a published author.When I was in high school I entered into this contest amongst all the DoDDs (Department of Defense Dependents Schools) and won, both times. So my short stories were published in this book that was distributed to all the DoDDs schools. Which technically makes me a published author. Trust me, I've asked about the legitimacy of it. It's legit.
5. My daughters diaper was the first diaper I 'd ever changed. And she peed while I was changing her...twice.
6. I'm an adventure junkie (to an extent). I've been ziplining, whitewater rafting, mountain climbing, indoor skydiving (too scared for the real thing) the list goes on. You name it, I've done it, or at least thought about doing it.
7. I love smelling my baby girl. I don't know what it is, but she has this special Jasmine smell, and whenever I have her in my arms, I have to smell her. I know it's weird, but motherhood does some weird things to you.
Now the real fun part, the bloggers I would like to award are:
These are all really great ladies, with awesome stories and tips to offer, so don't be shy about swinging by and checking them out! Thank you once again for the award Jess! You've just inflated my already too large ego. lol
Until Next Time