- You never get any sleep. Okay, that’s a lie, that’s basically the first thing EVERYONE tells you. But you never believe it until you’ve been up for 48 hours straight with a wailing infant/toddler, wearing a vomit stained t-shirt, hair astray, and you can't recall the last time you ate.
- Sometimes no matter how much you try to discipline your toddler, it's like talking to a brick wall. You get no where... and you look a little cray cray in the process.
- Sometimes having only one child is like wearing a target sign on your back. For whatever reason everyone feels the need to spout out unwanted advice. Your co-workers, the UPS lady, some random lady standing at the bus stop, the homeless guy holding up the "will work for food sign....
- If one baby hair on your child's head is out of place, other mom's look at you in disgust. Which is why I HATE having James bring Jasmine to me if I'm out and about. I know, without a doubt, he will show up at 2:00 in the afternoon with her still in her pajamas with oatmeal smeared on her face. I can basically guarantee that I will spend the day trying not to notice the judgy looks that I'm getting from other mothers. However, when James is out with her, it's adorable. He plays that whole "I'm such a sweet Dad and trying so hard to take care of my precious baby girl" card like it's going outta style.
- If your child is a bit lighter/darker than you, people can get very confused. You would not believe the amount of people who say things like "awww she's so precious, it makes you want to have one of your own." No people, she is mine. I didn't just snatch this one out of the nursery because she was the cutest. She actually mine. And I've got the stretch marks to prove it.
Photo cred) weknowawesome.com