Triple the Chocolate, triple the fun!
It's almost hard to believe that in a few short weeks Spring will once again be here. If you're like me and love to spoil your guests with sweet treats, you'll love these simple, yet delicious Triple Chocolate Pistachio Cookies. Not only are they an adorable treat for BBQ's season, but they are fairly simple to make. Plus they involve copious amounts of chocolate. Definitely my kinda recipe.
The best part about these cookies, (besides the chocolate, of course), is that they're the perfect introduction to basic baking for your littles. This year I've made more of an effort to allow Little J into the kitchen. Granted I'm not letting her fry chicken or carve up a steak, but simple recipes like this allow your kids to get messy and gooey without running the risk of burning down your home. Baby steps, right?
Send your kiddos to school with treats for the whole class, or serve these up to dinner guests after a delicious meal. These cookies are versatile little bites of pleasure that take less than 30 minutes. Plus, they're just pretty to look at!
Here's what you'll need:
1 box chocolate fudge cake mix (I used Betty Crocker)
2 eggs 1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup finely chopped pistachios plus 1/8 cup
1 Betty Crocker chocolate cookie icing pouch
1/3 cup chocolate covered sunflower seeds (multi-colored)
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl add the cake mix, eggs and vegetable oil. Mix until well blended.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped pistachios. 5. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheet.
6. Bake in 350°preheated oven for 10 minutes.
7. Place cookie sheet on wire rack to cool for 5 minutes.
8. Transfer cookies from cookie sheet to wire rack to completely cool.
9. Ice each cookie with the chocolate cookie icing squeeze pouch.
10. Sprinkle the remaining 1/8 cup finely chopped pistachios onto each cookie.
11. Sprinkle 8-10 sunflower seeds on top of each cookie.
12. ENJOY with a smile.
As always, if you enjoyed this tasty recipe, feel free to retweet to share with friends on Twitter or Repin to revisit later on Pinterest.
Until next time,